Hollynd Hoskins has been a trial lawyer for over 27 years and is one of Colorado’s leading litigators. Her award-winning litigation practice has included medical malpractice, personal injury, automobile/ trucking collisions; wrongful death and criminal defense. Hollynd’s clients benefit from her long track record of litigation success in trying over 100 jury trials to verdict and securing innumerable multi-million dollar settlements, verdicts and criminal acquittals. Hollynd began her career giving back to her community as a Lead Trial Deputy for the Colorado State Public Defender where she gained invaluable experience trying complex homicide and death penalty cases for over a decade. Her skills and results were recognized when she was named “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the Colorado Public Defender for her work in obtaining a complete acquittal of all charges, including five homicide charges, in People v. Garcia.
Hollynd subsequently entered private practice and was a Partner for a medical malpractice/personal injury firm for 15 years. As Lead Counsel, she directed the strategy of her large trial team focused on securing justice for her severely injured clients. Hollynd also continued her pro bono work including trying and securing a complete acquittal on homicide charges for one client and a grant of Clemency by Governor Hickenlooper who commuted another client’s Juvenile Life without Parole sentence. including throughout her high-profile career. Other lawyers refer cases to and seek Hollynd’s assistance as co-counsel and consultant based upon her high profile success and well-known reputation for passionate advocacy and tireless work to obtain multi-million dollar settlements, verdicts and acquittals.
As a leader in the Colorado legal community, Hollynd has been recognized for her excellence as a lawyer as follows:
- Best Lawyers in America (2013 – 2020);
- Colorado Super Lawyers (Top 100 and Top 50 Women) (2015-20);
- Top Lawyer by 5280 Magazine (2016-2020);
- Top Tier AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell;
- 10.0 Rating Avvo;
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers;
- Million Dollar Advocate Forum;
- 2018 Case of the Year Award by the Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association for her 24 years of pro bono work in obtaining commutation of Mr. Brook’s Life without Parole Sentence as a 15 year old in People v. Curtis Brooks;
- 2011 Finalist for CTLA Case of the Year Award for her pro bono work in obtaining a settlement and policy change on behalf of a disabled woman;
- 2014 Metropolitan State University Professionalism Award;
- 2012 Volunteer Award from Colorado Trial Lawyers Association;
- Hollynd is active in multiple bar associations and has given lectures other lawyers on trial tactics and techniques.
LIFE OUTSIDE LAW
Hollynd stays active through cycling, golfing and playing Pickleball. She is an accomplished athlete and was a NCAA Division 1 Collegiate Women’s Soccer Captain and a member of a NCAA Division 1 Women’s All-Regional Soccer Team.. She was also a starting Receiver for the Colorado Valkyries, a women’s professional tackle football team. Hollynd grew up in Denver and was inducted into the East High School Athletic Hall of Fame both as an Individual and as captain of the 1983 State Champions Girls Soccer Team.
tele: 303-513-8881 fax: 720-776-5920
Office: Citadel Building 3200 Cherry Creek Drive, suite 720 Denver, CO 80209